a
Life is Orange Ice Cream

You know those events that you don't appreciate until after they've gone? Funny how many times those things have hit you in the face and yet you only feel the force after they’ve turned a new corner to hit another's. Like high-school exams you loathed back then but you now miss because you realize they were a lot easier compared to college exams. Or that extra bottle of lip gloss you kept putting away but you now die looking for because you realize they don't sell that kind anymore. Or that book you let gather dust but you now regret having let time wear away its pages because you realize you might find the story interesting. Or that single historical event you cheered for where she replaced him but you now rue because she actually proved to be the greater of two evils.

Like the other day, I was excited to try the mandarin orange ice cream we bought (because, really, I've been looking for orange-flavored ice cream since forever and it's just now that I got my hands on it). Then when I got to taste it, I was kind of disappointed because it didn't taste as great as I expected. After the ice cream was all gone and I've brushed my teeth and realized that I might not be able to find orange ice cream in the stores anymore (because it's not that common so they might phase it out), I suddenly realized, hey, it wasn't half bad…it was actually good.

A lot of things in our life are like orange ice cream — at first they aren't anything especially good, but when they're gone, that's when you realize you should have enjoyed them while they lasted.

So I say…le's try to enjoy things that come our way so we don't end up regretting a lot of things.

One scoop of orange ice cream with my life on top, please.


Paola @ 5:37 PM